Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Video presentation to ontario min of ed

Yesterday was CICPOs second meeting with the Ministry Working Group to discuss different childcare agency models, including our Cooperative. We started off with the video (link below) to soften everyone up. Please have a watch. I tried my best to represent ICPs in Ontario as accurately as possible and do justice to our profession and everyone in it. We ran into significant problems getting this video out on time and the person who put it together only had about 1 day to get the job done. There will be another shorter and finely tuned (and fancier) video made in the next week or 2 to be released on various social media sites.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoimaqfjhu...-good.mp4?dl=0

The person we needed to impress loved it. In fact, she cried.

Home run.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Shy
    That's awesome good job!!! And thank you for all ur efforts!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mamabearto3 For This Useful Post:

The video is awesome! Thank you for the good job! When will we know the final decision (whether MOE will approve the cooperative model)?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    It will be a while yet. Each meeting brings us a little further toward our goal. Yesterday's meeting was very, very positive. We laid it all out on the table...started with the video, then discussed our survey findings regarding what ICPs want in an agency and finally, the more anecdotal evidence of the other reason we don't join - bad blood. We just don't trust them. Our tweet of Martha Friendly's calling us trolls drove the point home. From that moment on, we were heard and understood...there were still disagreements, but a palpable sense of them understanding us better and including us in the discussions as a valuable part of the industry. It was, as I call it, a kumbaya moment....it was lovely. So, we move into the second tier of discussion in the next meeting...end of November...where we discuss regs and logistics with all the players. We have officially moved past being the overlooked, lower class sector. We even got an apology from one agency rep. It was very good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    OMG, I cried when I watched it too! I'm pregnant though...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    There have been more than a few criers

It's kind of a good feeling to see the importance of your work illustrated like this, I think. I thought everyone might enjoy a little dose of pride.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Nice to see you! I have chosen document typing services website to convert my written college papers into Word documents. So, about advantages - fast, mistakes-free. So, it is worth its money. Typing Service is helping me in work and studies, and I literally started using it every day - and it saves my life!
    Last edited by bojo1991jon; 01-04-2023 at 10:39 AM.