Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

One of those days

It's been one of those days. Do you ever feel like you just talk and talk and no one listens?

I swear all day no one listened to me at all. I would remind them not to bounce on the couch, they would acknowledge me, I would turn my back and they would be bouncing on the couch.

We went to the park and I reminded them that we couldn't go on the play structure today because it's all covered with ice and snow, but we could play in the snow. One DCB (5) says "we can still go on it if there's snow". I repeat that, just like at their school, when it's snowy and icy, we can't go on the play structure. We play in the snow for a bit and I hear DCB say to another "let's go on the play structure!" I repeat that it's not safe on the structure, so we can't go on it today. We play a bit more and when we start to leave the park, DCB says "but we still have to go on the play structure!"

By the end of the day I wanted to shriek "why is no one listening to me!!!" and pull my hair out.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Euphoric !
    Some days,,,yes, I feel like a broken record lol. Usually things like, "indoor voice", "use your walking feet", "turn your listening ears on please" etc lol

Now here comes by rainbows outta my bum (dodge driver lol)....we've had a fantastic 2 days!! Took warm clothing items and hung up downtown for those in need, bought 2 gifts for children off the angel tree at Walmart, spent the morning at mcd's play structure and enjoyed a Christmas movie!

Hope tmr is better

Outgoing
    Yep, it seems like everyday lately. I have a difficult 3 yr old in care and a 2 yr old that is testing boundaries big time. Four more weeks till vacation!

Expansive...
    Yup, I hear ya!
    Hands to yourself/feet down/listening ears/use your words/inside voice and the list goes on....
    Unfortunately I find I do as much repeating myself to parents as I do the kids LOL!
    Lately, it's been late dropoffs/late pickups/forgetting diapers&wipes/children without proper outdoor clothing for the frosty temps etc. Counting the days until Xmas break!!!

Expansive...
    There are some days where I feel like all I say is no or redirect. It gets depressing at times because I feel like the no-fun police

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Today been one of those day here, if it help. Two little full of snot, two older child overtired and falling over by middle morning and middle child refuse walk today. Sat on drive, screaming and had to carry back in and push double stroller with him kick and scream like being murdered.

Then friend message saying this - Lol so the kids here all have lunches packed by their parents. I sit everyone for lunch lol open last little girls bag. It is a raw pork Chop. 1 uncooked potatoe. And an uncooked corn on the cob lol. Well a heads up woukd have been nice. Or heck. Cooking it ahead wohkd have too lol. There was also a sandwich for a snack. ....but in the form of two slices of bread. A raw egg. Butter in Tupperware a ketchup packet. Lol. Some days I really wonder what goes on in parents mind lol.

I laughing and think maybe compared, my day not so bad, when older child wake up and go toilet and must hold on too long because poop fall out before he manage get on seat. This made worse by him try clean and put poop in grout line. I think maybe it pay back for laughing at friends message and now have little one puking and saying his tummy hurt so Dad on way to come for him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh my Susie!!!! That made me laugh out loud!! Than I read it to my husband and he was repulsed at the poop part lmao. Than said he's glad my days aren't like that.....me too!!! Haha

Euphoric !
    Suzie: I can't help but think your friends daycare parents are making subtle (or not so subtle) hints that they want their lunches provided lol.

Hope your kids hold it together until pick up time...what a day for you!

Expansive...
    LOL My day seems mild after Suzie''s day LOL Hold on Suzie and all of us as it is almost Friday
    We should compare our days everyday LOL
    Last edited by Van; 11-27-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Outgoing
    OMG!!! Suzie - Best story ever! I hope you don't mind - but I'm going to share the pork chop part with my daycare friends.

Reminds me of the old joke: "He was so ugly, his mom tied a pork chop around his neck, just so the dog would play with him."