Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Websites!!

Websites!!

Hi everyone!

Does anyone use a website to promote their home daycare? I know some say they find their clients through their websites but I just don't understand how. I used a website with a free domain (vista print in the past) but never found myself getting clients through my website.

Is it better to pay for a domain and if so how does a client find you. It is better to pay to get a free domain with weebly?

Thanks !

I use weebly.com There is a free option. Its basic and all you really need. I did end up upgrading to the "starter" but I wanted to do more with my site.
    Weebly has unlimited pages (some other free sites only offer a few pages). It is very easy to use.

Paying for a domain does make you look more professional, but isn't a necessity. But if you do pay for a domain it is a write off.

Outgoing
    I don't think I "get" many clients with the website. I have a Facebook page that links to it and vice versa. I set them both up at the same time for that purpose. I use the website for the general info, pictures, etc. for the daycare but most importantly, all the paperwork that I use for the daycare is on there too. I was tired of handing out paper copies of my parent handbook and calendars, etc., only to never see these people again. And the Facebook page is easy to refer people to. I had to join Facebook to do this, but I really only use it for daycare anyway.

I use Webs, also a free site, although I did upgrade to get more pages (5 are free) but I also wanted the custom email address. I already owned my own domain name for the daycare, so I used that and it allows me to not have the .webs.com in the web address. I got the domain through domainsatcost.com for about $14/year many years ago, but didn't know what to do with it until last year when I found Webs. I also bought my personal name with the .ca, but the .com was already taken. I think it is worth having a custom web address, if you can do it cheaply.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I could have gotten it free through Webs, anyway, though. Check your particular service. Also, with the Webs, (and others, I assume) you can use "Meta Tags" on all your pages. It allows you to list tag words for your website and particular pages that will show up on search engine results. I have used all possible words that I could think of for people to type in looking for daycare in my area and now, I'm pretty high on Google searches.

I have not had to pay Facebook for promotion, though. Don't even know how much that would be. I have found that just getting friends to "Like" the page and reposting once in awhile helps a lot. In the last two months I've had about 15 inquiries from the Facebook page and website. That's a lot, considering the really small population here in the country.

Oh, and another word about Meta Tags. On Facebook, when you make a post and have a link to a website, there is often a box that pops up below the words you typed. The box has a picture and a title and some words. This is info that Facebook gets from the web page and it's particular Meta Tags. Pictures that you upload to your site can have names, but with Webs, (others too?) if the picture's name is two or more words, (example, Johns shoe) the picture won't show up in this little box on the Facebook post. But if it has a 1 word title (johnsshoe)it will. Also, the Title is what you have designated it in the Meta Tags along with the description of the page.

It could also help to get your website listed on other websites. Register your daycare on Google, for one. I didn't end up doing this, though because I was unwilling to put my address up, since it is my home. Facebook, however, (in daycare groups for your area) and other sites like a chamber of commerce in your town, or the local library, schools, parent groups, etc. Look around the internet for websites for businesses in your area. Likely there are some that you could put a link or ad for your daycare on. Good luck!

Where I get lots of people finding me because of my website. Even if they find me elsewhere they have to go to my website to request an interview. I have a form (pre interview questions) everyone has to answer before I will grant an interview. One of the question is How did you hear about my daycare. the answers are: google (my website), facebook and on occasion daycarebear.

But it really depends on where you are located and how you promote your website. I have a facebook page as well and it helps me find clients as well.

I am also on google maps. Its not hard to get on the map.

Oh my goodness how in the world did you guys figure this out?!?! I am not computer crafty at all! I'm currently purchasing my domain and created a Facebook page. But how in the world does this megatag work and at the while linking of websites I don't even understand lol would anyone find helping me. I don't mind paying for help I just no there's no hope for me to get that all up lol

Expansive...
    well when I first set up my free website I had no idea what I was doing!!!! LOL
    but as I kept trying and trying I loved it as it got easier the more I tried to set it up.
    Now that it is all set up I don't have to do too much just write in when the next spot will be available
    try a free website ...mine is webs.com and it is easy as it has a video to show you how to do it

What is a sample of meta tag words? I live in a big city so does one use their location, words like daycare or childcare, do you use phrases or pair words? That's the hardest part I am have problem with. Does everyone post their rates on the website?

Outgoing
    Do you currently have a website? You mentioned you were with Vista Print before. That will help. I can only explain the Webs set up. If you don't currently have a website, maybe don't worry about setting one up again. Just start with the Facebook page. If you do have one set up now, what service are you using?

I have my old one through vista print. I figured out where the meta tags go but I don't really understand what words to use.

I also set up a business page but again I don't know how to use this to benifit getting clients. I only created a Facebook account to get be able to set up a fb page so I can't even get any likes that way.

Kinder time what did you mean in you last paragrap? About adding your sites to other sites? How does one do that? Should I pay for facebook promo?