Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Need help writing a termination letter!

Hi everyone,

Since January, a new 12 months enrolled with me, but I decided to take the child even though, I saw many red flags but I was hoping that It can be fix.
    nope bad assuming I have tried everything to help her adapt but It's impossible mom of course mentioned that she still not eating solids, ok I can handle that when it was time to feed her she doesn't even like the food and this is her moms food she pretends to choke on me scaring me like crazy, she is part time so I understand it takes longer well I gave her Jan and part of Feb and still she is not improving she cries so loud and her extreme anxiety is when she sees my husbands or my sons enter my kitchen she cries so loud and it makes other children cover their ears, I'm constantly sending my family to the other sides just for her I don't find it fair. I made my decision she is not ready for daycare nor mom she brings her with four layer of clothing, she asked me not to take her outside, that I need to hold her when I pass the vacumm so I can't do this anymore can someone help how to write a professional letter I don't do this often so I don't have clue. I don't have in my contract that I can terminate immediately, only in the trial period but I didn't because I thought she was going to adapt like other children do she has a challenge I can't fix, I have to put up with it for next month. Parents over protective, new parents, no siblings, and she loves to be in her playpen alone doesn't play with anybody. please help thanks.

Would you keep her on if those behaviours improved? Sometimes parents need a swift kick you-know-where lol... It is very difficult for a child that age when part time. I started an 11mo full time in November, that was on bottles/purees and firstborn and by Christmas she was improving (would eat some food, still screamed if I left the room) but now this month she started walkig and is super independent, eating lots and even trying cutlery. I was straight up with the Mom in the beginning, and never fed purees (unless yogurt, etc was on my menu), just gave soft finger foods. She's still on formula bottles, but I've gotten her to drink water from a cup at the table now, so those will be next to go.

What if you wrote a letter explaining to the parents that you feel she isn't settling in to group care? Perhaps write " Dear X, DCG has not yet settled into our group. [detail a couple of the things that are an issue] I would like to make a plan together to help her complete the transition period. If no progress is made over the next 2 weeks, I regret to inform you that based on her current needs, I will need to terminate care effective March xth."

This way your month notice starts now, but gives them a second chance. If you are just done, then remove the line about making a plan and the next 2 weeks part.

thank you for your replied. I gave her a call about the child non stop crying but she didn't take it well, she is demanding her deposit and the rest of the remainder, even though I said I'll work until the end of the month she didn't see my view she said she will call and make a complain about what I don't know this is not my fault at all. Should I give the deposit back even though I didn't terminate I just told her about her child behaviour and she decided not to bring her anymore what do you think?

Outgoing
    It is hard from both sides, as a caregiver and as a parent. If you have never did a termination and this is your first time then it means you've have already built a good reputation, personally, I would not damage that for a part time. I would refund her money but, also I would make her sign a receipt or letter agreement explaining the reasons of why are you terminating.
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 02-15-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Expansive...
    I would give a refund of the deposit and if she leaves now half of this month's fee as it is good to get rid of her without dragging your name and reputation down . put ads up everywhere and you soon fill the spot with a nicer kid and family,

Expansive...
    in the past I have terminated a crying baby and just explained that I felt the child was not ready for daycare and may suit a nanny better as more one on one or a smaller daycare with just one or two children, I gave a refund of the deposit back as I was backing out of the agreement of caring for child, she was not happy but she did not report me so did not rock the boat as some children are not ready for daycare at 12 months

Thank you ladies, I was very professional and I let her know my concerns about her child, she took it very personal, I'll return the deposit but not the rest of the month because at the end she got mad about our conversation at the end, she emailed me threatening me with putting complaints and a lawyer, mom wanted me to teach the girl to eat solids, she knew her behaviour and said to me all is new to her sure don't buy it, poor lady is in big denial, I'm also done with part times and their drama today my daycare was so peaceful I felt happy, the constant crying every 5 min was getting me crazy, it's hurtful because even though I made her to feel comfortable to adapt and after everything, she threats me wow, but anyway I'm so happy I made the best decision for everyone in care. I have peace of mind after all it wasn't about my services it was all about this family and their daughter' behaviour, attachment issues.
    Last edited by littlefish; 02-16-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Outgoing
    Peace of mind, priceless.

It is sad to see how the public in general sees us. The social media and news also do not help. I was at a playgroup and a parent asked, where can parents with concerns call or complain against caregivers, the program administrator gave him two phone numbers related to the ministry of education; one was to ask general questions related to daycares, homedaycares regulations etc. And the second one was exclusive for any kind of complains.

I have asked if it was the phone number for reporting malpractice, she said no that's another one. I wasn't aware of this. I thought that there was only one phone number. Anyway I hope they do not use it as a tool against independent caregivers.

After a month she complained!! LOL I terminated this child the woman (mom) decided to complained anyways with my licensing after I returned her the full deposit I can't believe it!! It makes me Mad what else this woman wants!! I'm not force to take care of any child who's not a good fit and isn't doing well in my environment and putting my children in an extreme stress from her crying. This family needs major therapy I wish her the best, I hope other providers around my area can watch for this family they'll encounter major problems she wants to force her child into daycare.

Get rid of her ASAP!