Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Red face About to be a new director, need ideas

Hello everyone,

I am going to be the director of my center come January!
    Working with all women can be quite hard sometimes, some are soft spoken and others are hard headed. I need ideas on how to bring morale into my center and to get my girls to work as a team

thank you in advance!!

Outgoing
    Congratulations, to interact as a great team you must interact in a personal and caring level with them and start developing trust with each other. Try to meet in a neutral ground ex. A coffee shop, a spa etc connect in a personal level. Try to know them, when you are already describing it as "working with women can be harD some times...." that means you are kind of starting with a negative perception and judgement, try to identify what qualities of these women can you use in the benefit of the centre, ex. Hard headed or a strong caracter ( maybe will be glad on showing and guiding parents visits or putting together workshops, in formation sessions etc, I'm sure you can fine a strength that suits their caracter or ask them how can they see themselves using their leading character in benefit of the centre); soft spoken (I'm one of those but, my strength is accumulate knowleedge, read and quietly support being scenes, writing taking pictures that is what makes feel good, even if I haven't show my face publicly I like to be recognized from time to time and that's it, that makes my day), you will be absolutely surprised with the qualities these women have to offer acknowledge them an value them. It is just like a classroom in a large scale, we all support each other and we all can make it happen, and it will run smooth. To project positivism you must think positive.

Also, it is important that tittle such as Director doesn't determine your qualities aND warmth as a person. Just treat everyone else as equals sometimes the differentiation comes as a Director only on the paper work you do or the final decisions making.

Good luck, and congratulations again.