Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Tantrums and how you deal with it?

Hello helpful people,

I am wondering if you could share your experiencies you had with young children when they have temper tantrums or just refuse to listen and cooperate..
    Do you use certain methods for certain age and what are the methods you most likely use?
    Thank you kindly

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose1 View Post
    Hello helpful people,

I am wondering if you could share your experiencies you had with young children when they have temper tantrums or just refuse to listen and cooperate..
    Do you use certain methods for certain age and what are the methods you most likely use?
    Thank you kindly
    Just noticed no replies on this inquiry - I find some kids are just prone to being easily frustrated hence more tantrums, and others rarely have them. Only one of my own three children had them several times daily and my other two were more even tempered.

First I see what time it is in our daily routine, if it's close to naptime or meal time. Eiither way kids have to listen to us but if it is close to eat orr sleep time, it may help explain some of the behavior. If a child is very disruptive to me or the others, I remove them from group and will put them in playpen for a "calming time." I have a video monitor on them for safety. Sometimes they scream like nuts, but no matter. They can come back when they are calm. I do find its effective . I try talking to them afterwards depending on age of child, to explain how the behavior is so not fun, and how their little friends don't like to listen to screaming. I've had kids understand and say "yeah, dat not nice". I stay calm during all of it which I wish I had done with my own firecracker son.