Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toys for age 2

Shy

Toys for age 2

Hi, would like to get to know what are popular toys for age 2 for boys and girls?

I got my kids stimulating toys where they can learn something like building blocks.

Euphoric !
    Mine also love the building blocks, and role playing based toys like the workbench with tools, play kitchen with food, shopping cart, for outside - the push along lawn mower type toys, the sit in cars.

For the last 4 years I've been scooping up any second hand play house that has been advertised in Kijiji and have been building a Village. We have a log cabin style play house which is the sports store, a pink house which is the salon, etc. My husband made little wooden signs for the Village. The children will play for house in and out the various "stores".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    Mine also love the building blocks, and role playing based toys like the workbench with tools, play kitchen with food, shopping cart, for outside - the push along lawn mower type toys, the sit in cars.

For the last 4 years I've been scooping up any second hand play house that has been advertised in Kijiji and have been building a Village. We have a log cabin style play house which is the sports store, a pink house which is the salon, etc. My husband made little wooden signs for the Village. The children will play for house in and out the various "stores".
    That sounds awesome. Would there be any chance you could post a picture? I bet the kids love it ��

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Love&care View Post
    Hi, would like to get to know what are popular toys for age 2 for boys and girls?
    Hi. I do practice a different philosophy. But also I've noticed we are moving away from toys (plastic ones) now. Search on the website there is an increase in more nature based and loose parts and hands on activities.

The "toys" I find that have more play value are:

Blocks Legos, wooden, card board boxes, foam, natural hard woods (easy to make find a dry bank and cut in slices sand them) those are popular also block with velcro or the ones with magnets.

Play dough: also very popular I always make a batch every two weeks (you can find many recipes and do always a new one) add some lose parts to it they absolutely love it.

Rocks: different choices big enough for them not to put in their mouths and with different textures. (Mostly for outdoors in the garden) also big paint brushes and water containers.

Empty containers: we recycle them, they love filling things on them.

A felt board, I cut different characters and they love how easy is to place things (also helps with language development)

And art station: every day we explore different technics of art. (Paint, markers, crayons, pens etc )

Baskets, fabrics, wooden kitchen stuff.

A sensory table (it is the most interactive in my room I have a dozen of different fills for that even water and little containers keeps then really ocupied)

I have little sets of farm animals, sea creatures, dinosaurs, artic animals, etc. (They grow up interacting with those since babies we label them and we play with them)

Sand toys are also a must.

Hard board books. I change mine every week that also keeps them interested.

And outdoors I have more activities for them to explore and interact.

My goodness I go on and on. Google it and you'll have lot options. I basically have made most of my toys unique, interactive and developed to help every skill. Kids love it.

My personal suggestion would be to start with the sensory table, very simple and do at least three different fillings so you can rotate and place spoons or empty containers or little animals or little trucks etc. And you'll see how busy they get. Then you move on and keep doing your very own activities, remember it is for you to inspire yourself and have also fun.

I hope it helps.

Starting to feel at home...
    I don't differentiate between 'girl' and 'boy' toys, as both girls and boys play with everything I have two 2yo's right now, and their favourites are Playmobil 1-2-3, Duplo, wooden building blocks, the giant cardboard blocks from Melissa and Doug, play kitchen and food, wooden train set, plastic animal and dinosaur figures, Melissa and Doug chunky puzzles, balls, Manhattan Toy wooden adventure toddler sets, Janod stacking toys (rocket ship, alien space ship), Janod pirate ship and Nutty Squirrel ball track, Le toy Van stacking tree with bird and nest, and puppets.

Starting to feel at home...
    Oh, and the Manhattan Toys Mio series! They're all interchangeable, 2-3yo's love them, but they're perfectly safe for younger ones!

my husband is crazy about basketball, so he got sports center here is link for it (https://uviloon.com/best-toys-gift-i...-year-old-boys)
    i don`t know he bought for a child or for himself, but the toy is good